Monday, April 20, 2015

Career Change & Being Authentic

My word for this year is AUTHENTIC  (see http://sallyanaya.blogspot.com/2015/01/new-years-2015.html), and it's influencing some unexpected changes in my life.

After teaching basketry for 20 years, I've decided to "retire", meaning that after the two venues already booked in 2016 (plus the one coming up in two weeks), I will no longer propose, travel and teach.  I may teach a few classes here at home, but my conference days are done.  With this decision comes great relief and breathing room, so it certainly is the right decision.

Actually I came to this decision, and then remembered my word for the year, so I must have internalized it on some level.

I'm not quite ready to simply sit in the rocking chair and crochet (although I will probably still do that).  It's just time to spend my hours doing other things - a career change, if you will.

Career change statistics suggest that the average person will be making a career change approximately 5-7 times during their working life.   
 http://www.careers-advice-online.com/career-change-statistics.html

So I'm making a career change....I'm just not quite sure what to call this new phase in my life.

             

                          

                               


No comments: