Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Embracing Life

Some of my friends have expressed lately that they are bored, or have little direction in their life, especially those that are retired.  Oh my.  Personally, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all that needs to be done, that I want to do, and that I dream of doing.

While realizing that not everyone has been blessed with the gift of finding and living their passion (weaving on an island, for example), I still have trouble visualizing myself being bored.  I've always kept busy crafting, crocheting, reading, learning new "domestic arts" as they used to be called, volunteering (sometimes....and still....too much), writing, drawing, playing music, photography....heavens, it's hard to name them all.  And it's a different list for different people - what intrigues me obviously may not intrigue other people, but they could have their own list of many and totally different things.

So just what is this gift of embracing life??? Is it optimism, a personality trait, or something learned?

Sorry if you were waiting for some astounding insight or wisdom.  I simply don't know. All I can do is ask the question, and be thankful - for whatever reason - that my life feels so full.

But the word gratefulness does come to mind.

        

No comments: