Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Teal Doors

Yesterday it was tough to stay focused on weaving and writing, with all of the distractions here.  Sophie had to be locked up (and visited to keep her somewhat happy) while the painter had all of the doors open for both painting and drying time.  The builders were working on the shed, and watching them at their craft was almost magical.  Seemingly from nothing my small work shed is materializing.

I did get a little writing done.  And although I knew I should be weaving, I also couldn't help myself from watching the painting progress.  I am simply enthralled with the transformation that takes place when the colors that were lovingly picked replace the existing not-so-wonderful hues from the previous owner.  My colors were nothing crazy - tan house with white trim.  But ah!  The bright teal doors are spectacular!!

Having never questioned my preference for teal, I did a little sleuthing.  The color teal / turquoise (from http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-turquoise.html):

This is a color that recharges our spirits during times of mental stress and tiredness, alleviating feelings of loneliness. You only have to focus on the color turquoise, whether on a wall or clothing and you feel instant calm and gentle invigoration, ready to face the world again.

Teal: A more sophisticated version of turquoise, teal signifies trustworthiness and reliability. It promotes spiritual advancement and commitment.

Rather perfect for Anadaré ("I will nest"), don't you think??  
 However, now that the painting is done, I see that the windows need to be washed.  Sigh.  It's so hard to stay focused on work.

But my teal doors are in good company:



  
                 
      

No comments: