Thursday, May 29, 2014

Maya Angelou

May Maya Angelou rest in peace.  She has inspired millions - an amazing woman who has left an amazing legacy. I won't be alone in rereading some of her books and poems.
Some of my favorite quotes of hers are below.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.


I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.

You can't forgive without loving. And I don't mean sentimentality. I don't mean mush. I mean having enough courage to stand up and say, 'I forgive. I'm finished with it.'


It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.

No comments: