Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Perfumes and Scents that Change



Perfumes have always changed and smelled differently on me.  And out of respect for many people who are allergic to scents, I am very careful when, where, and the amount I wear.  But I am so disappointed that the gardenia and plumeria scents that I brought back from Hawaii, that I used to wear all the time, are just awful on me now!  It is so disheartening!  There had been very few perfumes or colognes that I could wear anyway, and now to have these off the list saddens me.  I was so looking forward to having some light florals to wear for spring, without going through the whole process of trying them in the store and walking around while they settle in or going through the hassle of asking for samples and spending the time trying them at home.   As Pooh would say:  Bother!

Perfumes react to your own body chemistry, making certain notes smell differently on your skin than someone else's. It's important to test perfumes out on your skin and allow the fragrance to settle, to see which scents complement you before purchasing a perfume. Changes in hormones, diet and medications can also alter the way a perfume smells on your skin, even if you've been wearing it for a long time, so it's important to have a variety of perfumes that suit you. http://www.overstock.com/guides/faqs-about-perfume

No comments: