Friday, March 21, 2014

Nebraska - The Movie

In keeping with vacation mode, our relaxation last night included renting "Nebraska".  I wanted to see it since it was so heavily nominated at the Academy Awards, and has won so very many other awards and nominations, such as from Golden Globe, Independent Spirit Awards, and the American Film Institute, to name but a few.

So I'm feeling a bit out of touch with the rest if the world when my personal review gives it a D- ! Slow. Boring. Yes - well acted by the main character ( but certainly NOT by the supporting actors).   It was almost painful to watch. 

Think I'll keep my day job as fiber artist and not branch out into film critic. I'm obviously completely out of touch with the viewing public.

Or is it a matter similar to the Emperor's New Clothes?!!!!  

"The Emperor's New Clothes" (Danish:Kejserens nye Klæder) is a short tale byHans Christian Andersen about two weavers who promise an Emperor a new suit of clothes that is invisible to those unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent. When the Emperor parades before his subjects in his new clothes, a child cries out, "But he isn't wearing anything at all!"

No comments: