Saturday, February 1, 2014

Super Bowl Preparations

While most football fans are preparing for tomorrow's game by organizing parties, planning drink, food and snacks, or calling friends to meet them at the sports bar, my quiet island life might seem very tame.

I used an old gift card to buy a Seahawks t-shirt while on the mainland (in keeping with . I've made sure that I can see the game on my computer (since I don't have television reception on the island).  I have healthy snacks and a freshly brewed pitcher of iced tea planned.

But the most important preparation?  Having projects to work on during the game, such as cutting spokes for basket kits, crocheting, or working on a basket......things that need to be done, but don't require too much concentration, so I can also watch the game.  It's how I've always watched games.  I can't just sit and watch the game....it gets too intense for me.  I need a bit of distraction.

Go Hawks!!

 + +


No comments: