Sunday, January 19, 2014

Slower & Simpler - A Reminder on Dealing with Clutter



In need of reviewing some parameters that help in eliminating clutter, I resurrected an easy template:
Clutter Emergency Card
  • How long has it been since I used this?
  • Do I like it?
  • Does it work properly? - Is it broken?
  • Do I have more of this kind of thing? How many do I need?
  • If I keep this, what will I get rid of to make room for it?
  • Can I locate this information somewhere else (probably on the Internet) if I need it?
Actually, the entire article was helpful to reread: http://urbanext.illinois.edu/clutter/clearing.html.

But I'm also using my own model. I have a list of areas in the house that need to be tackled, but if one area (aka right at this moment the kitchen counter under the microwave) is bugging me, that's the one to do next.  It's wonderfully energizing to tackle and clean a space that is bothersome and "on the radar" every time you walk by it.  My energy is wasted trying to ignore it.

De-cluttering is certainly an on-going project, isn't it??



No comments: