Monday, January 6, 2014

Punctuality Plus Patience

Being on time is part of my very nature (and I can already hear those that know me well readily agreeing).  If I'm late, I feel stressed, guilty, and dreadful. What is that all about?? In my family of origin we were trained to always be on time.  But now it seems much more than that.  I am disturbed when others are not on time for a meeting, even though usually I have a live-and-let-live philosophy.  Why does it upset me??

I think I found some answers in a blog on being on time:  http://tynan.com/ontime.  In it, Tynan relates punctuality to honesty, integrity, truthfulness, and respect.  If I add thoughtfulness to that list, it seems complete.

Oh I know I can't change other people - the only person I am in charge of is me.  So I will continue to be on time, and have to work on not being upset when others are late.

Possibly punctual people (self included) are being given the opportunity to learn patience. Oh yay.






No comments: