Thursday, December 12, 2013

Serenity Disrupted

My perfect, idyllic view of Barlow Bay is temporarily disrupted with a barge and crane.  When it came into the bay yesterday morning, before dawn, I couldn't quite figure out what that moving light above the tree line was.  Soon there were many lights and as daylight appeared, so did this huge contraption. Thankfully it hasn't been too noisy - yet.

I know it probably won't be there very long.  But it certainly does not improve my view - it's smack dab in the middle of the vista from my front windows.

I'll probably become one of those nosy little old ladies and wander over today to find out what they are doing...and for how long.  It's all in one's perspective - if my grandsons were here, they would be enthralled with the front row observation of a working crane.

I have come surprisingly possessive of my tranquil bay and calming waterfront.



No comments: