Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Another Reason to Live On Lopez

 

While I'm enjoying my quiet life on the island (with it's almost non-existent crime), my daughter who lives in Seattle had her car broken into last night.  Senseless - bashing in a back window to take a gym bag.  It was parked directly in front of her apartment building.

So now she's dealing with police reports, that will do nothing but produce a case number for her insurance company, taking time off of work to get it fixed, and the inevitable feelings of loss, distrust, being a victim, and simply the hassle of it all.

It's not right, it's not fair, and I'm trying to remain calm and assure myself that whoever did this will eventually have to face the consequences, someday at least.  Oh, I know it's not a huge thing. As a mother, I just don't want my child to have to deal with this injustice.

We all can't live on an idyllic island, I know.  As a Baha'i, I believe in working toward world peace.  We certainly have a very, very long way to go.

No comments: