Friday, August 16, 2013

Appreciating My Life

Reading in the news about killings, wild fires, earthquakes, kidnappings and tornadoes, I so greatly appreciate my life.  Hearing stories about the medical struggles so many others are experiencing causes me to embrace my own very small issues.  Knowing friends that are dealing with divorce, difficult children, and unhappy marriages makes me feel so very lucky in my own life.  Understanding that there are people who have seemingly empty lives, unsure of who or what they want to be makes me pause to thank whatever stars directed me to living my life's passion.

Evidently today is a day to take stock, to value the wonderful things in my life, to notice all of the lovely details that make up my day, to remember the blessings of loving family and friends, to wonder at finding a faith that fills me, and....

as always....

            appreciate the abundance and awe of living on Lopez Island, if even part-time at the moment!

I have no idea why I am so blessed at this time in my life.  But I do know that I am not taking it for granted.

No comments: