Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Simplify the Studio

Yes, I'm still in the process of cleaning, straightening, and sorting my studio.  I thought that as long as I was working in there, it was also an excellent time to simplify as well.  Needless to say that is slowing things down quite a bit, as I go through every single box and area.  Deciding what to keep or if it's time to let go of some materials that I haven't used in years is freeing, but time-consuming.  Thankfully, I don't have a deadline. 

My goal today?  To clear off one table for weaving, and one table for sorting the things that will be sold or donated.  I think I just need to see some clean spaces to feel that I'm making progress.  To date, I've just been rearranging and straightening.  However, it was becoming increasingly clear that I simply have too much stuff in there!  The decision to get rid of some things is remarkably liberating.  It evidently is time to release all those good intentions of "using it someday" materials and items to create a breathable, manageable space.  Well, that's the plan, anyway.

No comments: