Friday, July 26, 2013

A Life Coach - or at Least the Right Questions

When I wrote about living your passion a few days ago, I had no idea of the responsive chord it would hit in my readers.  Wow!  So as a follow-up, and in the interest of full disclosure, I do want to share that although I live my life intensely, there was a time that I felt that I needed additional assistance.

I found a life coach, and working with her definitely helped me to get to where I am today.  If you choose try this tack, I encourage you to interview several to help you choose someone that resonates with you.  The financial investment in working with a coach was the best money I ever spent.

There are also several books out there about life coaching, do-it-yourself style.  Sometimes it may be as simple as reading the right question that could be a turning point in your life.  And of course, the internet is full of articles and blogs by life coaches.  However, from my own experience, it is very helpful to have someone (a life coach, a friend) to whom you need to be accountable for working on this - with deadlines!

We owe it to ourselves to let live our lives to the fullest - whatever that may look for each of us.  To me, that is the key to living passionately.




No comments: