Sunday, June 30, 2013

Slower & Simpler - Empathy

The whole point of living a slower and simpler life is to really LIVE your life, be aware.  And a huge part of that for me, now, is empathy.  I found this touching video just recently. It is truly worth taking a few moments to view.

I can't change what is happening in another's life.  But I can be empathetic - with a smile, a small courtesy, a quick email or written note to say congratulations, or I'm sorry, or I'm just here for you. Perhaps it is simply patience with another, and not jumping to judgments or conclusions.  It is so easy for me to be self-absorbed in my own issues and problems.  I'm reminded to look up, look around, and be aware of people around me.

Food for thought.

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=3918

No comments: