Sunday, May 19, 2013

Slower & Simpler - Be a Change in the World

So, having cleared my email inbox of ads and superfluous information to simplify my life, now I find that there is room to add the "good" stuff, that will educate and inspire.  I'm intrigued by a couple of sites.  No, I'm not adding both of them, but I may sample each one, or simply visit their sites occasionally for inspiration.

KarmaTube is a project of ServiceSpace, an all-volunteer run organization. Our aim is to enable individuals to contribute in meaningful ways to the world around them. Together, we hope to "be the change we wish to see in the world." http://www.karmatube.org/index.php

DailyGood leverages the internet to promote positive and uplifting news around the world to more than 100,000 subscribers through the daily and weekly newsletters. Readers receive a news story, an inspiring quote, and a suggested action that each person can take to make a difference in their own lives and the world around them. http://www.dailygood.org/

I think the trick here is to read or view, get inspired, and then perhaps follow one of the suggested actions.  We're not going to change the world without making the effort and DOING something!!




No comments: