Friday, April 19, 2013

Yarn Day - An Artist's Date

The not-so-good news:  I will need to stay on the crutches for another 3 - 4 weeks, per the doctor yesterday.

The good news:  a friend and I are visiting yarn stores in Seattle today to both enjoy and experience all the colors, textures, and variety of yarns, as well as find some linen cord (rug warp) and cotton yarns for making sally bags. (We want to use some finer materials to make more detailed patterns.) Of course, finding interesting yarns for other projects, colors that I just have to own for projects yet unknown, and exploring new fibers are simply added bonuses.

The could-be-interesting news:  it's raining.  While I love the rain, I'm coming to realize that using crutches in the rain can be an adventure all on its own.

Visiting yarn stores is right up at the top of the list for me as an "artist's date" as described in Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way.  The dates should be done alone, I realize, but with my ambulatory restrictions, I'm sure an exception or two is to be expected.

Every artist needs to nurture their inner artist child with some one-on-one time now and then. In Julia Cameron’s life-changing and ground-breaking creativity recovery program, The Artist’s Way, she encourages you to make time every week to take yourself and your inner artist on an “artist date,” a handful of hours where you are allowed to just play, listen, and re-fill your creative well.
http://madelineclairefranklin.com/artist-date-ideas/

No comments: