Monday, March 11, 2013

Lattice Twining - New Ideas

Coming up with new, creative ideas for lattice twined basketry classes is always a challenge.  I can certainly think of innumerable things to try, but it always boils down to the fact that most of the time, they new exciting stuff simply takes too long to weave.  Therefore it is not feasible in a class situation.

HOWEVER, as I pack to go to our basketry retreat this week, I have three ideas that just might be "classroom" friendly.  I hope.  If they don't require too much time, I'll have some new offerings for teaching.  If they take more time than I presently anticipate, I may have some new basic pieces for shows. 

I just have to pack a variety of materials, because as I know so well, what is working in my head doesn't always immediately translate into reality.  I so hope I will have a few new things to share here
 next week!

No comments: