Saturday, February 23, 2013

Harp Lessons

Just had my first harp lesson - what a treat!  Even with years of playing the piano and guitar, I am feeling all thumbs in trying to get my hands to behave and stay in their proper position.  These will certainly not be weekly lessons, but I knew I needed some professional guidance, especially to get started.  However, there were still moments where I felt like a kid again at piano lessons....not having practiced enough....

So I now own a 26 string harp - so very much lighter and easier to travel to Lopez!  I loved the larger one that we rented, but with my 5'2", it was a struggle to haul up and down the stairs. 

At this point, I am just beginning to have an inkling of what I DON'T know about playing....  (and yes, that is Sophie in the background).


No comments: