Sunday, January 13, 2013

Slower and Simpler - Lingering

I just read a lovely blog about lingering:

http://bemorewithless.com/2012/how-to-reclaim-the-lost-art-of-lingering/

Maybe I just like the word: linger.  It certainly has positive connotations for me.  I linger with my tea in the morning on the island.  I linger at the ferry dock, watching the birds and people.  I linger at the beach, just breathing the salt air and watching the waves.  I definitely linger over books, now, when I permit myself to read during the day and not just before bed.

I'm lingering right now, gazing out my window at the still water on Barlow Bay, reflecting an amazing blue sky in January, and listening to the geese flying overhead.

Lopez encourages lingering.  The hard part is to learn to linger back on the mainland.

No comments: