Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Island Inspiration & Smorgasbord

Saturday was full of inspirations!  I'm still not quite sure what to even call the emotions surrounding traveling by ferry to meetings on other islands.....contentment, belonging, surprise, joy, awe, specialness.  Couple all of that with meeting new, creative and kindred souls for sharing and inspiration, and it's the formula for a perfect day.  I know I was worried about spending an entire day traveling to the textile guild event, but the ideas, connections, and inspirations for my own work that I received feel like an unexpected bonanza.  Plus I have resources now for learning loom weaving, knitting, and so much more.  (Just what I need, right? Even more textile persuasions.)

And in the back of my mind is a desire to somehow represent or incorporate the eagles into my work.  I'm not sure if they will be directly represented or conceptually, but they are another unexpected gift of island living.

So to quote Auntie Mame - "Life's a banquet, and most poor fools are starving to death."  The richness of living in the San Juan's, and the creativity of the artists living here is most definitely a smorgasbord for me.

No comments: