Friday, January 25, 2013

Designing in the Quiet


Ah, Anadaré is so welcoming and peaceful.  Where else could I be sitting in my living room and watch an eagle swoop not 10 feet past my deck?  I'm not sure I will ever get used to seeing those regal birds so close up.

Last night I luxuriated in the quiet, and permitted myself to just relax and crochet.  Today I need to get on task and start designing another class basket - adapting the 9 pointed star base that I made this last fall.  Hopefully it will come together easily - all too often what works in my head just doesn't translate so promptly into reality.  But I am inspired by the encouragement and comments of the weavers in Texas for a basket with this base, so at least I need to try.

And if all goes well, later I'll treat myself to a calming stroll to the beach - rain or shine.  I'm just not sure what it is about this island that soothes my soul.  I feel so very blessed to have found my nest on this very special rock.


No comments: