Friday, December 21, 2012

Basket Class Prep

Yesterday I finally buckled down and worked on getting the rest of the materials and kits together for teaching basket classes in January for the Texas conference.  I love getting organized, spokes cut, materials all packaged up, patterns printed, even the waxed linen wound on spools (well, okay, I do have more of THAT to get done).  I'm not sure why I tend to procrastinate on this part of the job.  It's a little tedious, but so rewarding.  Maybe it's that little worry in the back of my mind that I may not have enough of some material on hand?  If so, then putting it off certainly doesn't make any sense, now does it???  Ah, just some of the joys of teaching.

And part of it, I now realize, is that I have to actually clean off a large work area in my studio in order to have the space to get this done.  Hmmm....maybe that's a bigger part of the puzzle than I imagined ........and an interesting insight.

No comments: