Friday, October 19, 2012

Working The Artist's Way

One of my artist support groups to which I belong (we work in a variety of mediums and decided to try to meet regularly to reflect, critique our work, and hopefully get inspired in our individual artistic growth) has decided to read and study together The Artist's Way - A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia  Cameron. 

I read and worked through the book in 1995, and have tried to maintain some of the disciplines in it over the years, especially the morning pages and artist dates.  I'm eager to reread and rework it with this group.  If you haven't tried the book, I highly recommend it.  Not just for full-time artists, it is for anyone interested in encouraging (finding) their creative side, to be used in their daily lives.  It's pretty amazing.

 
Actually, we created quite a reading list that we may or may not tackle together as a group, but could serve to inspire us individually as we find the time.  Okay, make the time.  (When I try to find time for something, it becomes quite elusive.)





No comments: