Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Recipe for Happiness

Returning to the island in just three days - days full of meetings, preparing class materials for teaching in Oregon in two weeks, taking care of the business of being a mobile notary (to help defray some of the costs of my island retreat), more meetings, and then a day with friends.  So part of my recipe for happiness? Retreat to the island for quiet, reflection, and creative work, then back to the mainland to take care of the business side of things and see friends - then repeat.....often.

As I was getting a pedicure today, between running errands and purchasing some essentials for the island, I was reflecting on how happy I am and that I love my life.  I'm not sure I've ever really said that so often to myself, as I have these last few weeks.  I'm not telling myself I don't deserve it, plus I'm not waiting for the other shoe to drop because I said it!  Hmmmm, just a possibility of some healthy growth going on, as well as an abundance of gratitude.

The beauty of the island is not diminished in the least by some clouds and mist. I'm tempted to rename this Serenity Bay, but I'll hold off on that until I see what it's like during a winter storm.

No comments: